Me

Me
My sexy hat and my daddy's laptop.
topbella

Thursday, October 14, 2010

All woozy and light headed...

...except not really! However, those are possible side effect of donating blood, which I did today. : ) I'm super happy about it.

I went right after school. Cameron drove me. We got there and I showed my ID, gave them all kinds of personal contact info, filled out a health questionnaire, and then sat through a fairly awkward Q&A about my (nonexistent) sex life. Why, no, I have not had sex with a guy who has had sex with another guy (since 1980). Goodness this AIDS things is a hassle! (haha, I love understaements.)

After finishing the Q&A (I passed), the nurse-lady-person took my vitals. And stabbed my finger. I'm looking the other way and then SNAP! I'm bleeding profusely from my finger. I was like "OMFFM!! THAT'S A LOT OF BLOOD!" She scooped up the blood and said something about "87%, that's very good." Compliment?

Then I went into the donation room. Comfy chairs, food, fruit juice, and the biggest needle that I have ever had inside of me. I didn't look when it went it, but I was kind of expecting it to prick like when i get a shot. NO, it was worse. I wasn't like "ooo", I was like "OW!" Then I looked at the needle and saw how freaking HUGE it was.

Sat there flexing the stupid stress ball for a few minutes. Every now and then I would look at my iodine stained arm and think, "why am I doing this?" Then, after I was done bleeding and had rested for five minutes, I got up and went over to the food area and thought, "ah! this is why!" (I don't think with proper capitalization)

After ten minutes of sitting around (and eating and drinking), I went home. I'm still a tad light-headed, but it's not too bad. : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Robyn AK
Hey, I'm Robyn! I'm a 19-year-old college student. I love to read, write, and sleep. I have several nieces and nephews whom I love with my whole heart and then some.
View my complete profile
 
Then, Now, When© DiseƱado por: Compartidisimo